Manti Telephone Company
Manti Telephone Company was established and incorporated in 1907 by a group of investors who felt it was necessary for the economic growth of Manti to bring the new voice technology in to the community. In late 1951 Morlin Cox and his brother Grant purchased majority ownership.
Service was extended in to the town of Sterling in 1952 after talks with Manti Telephone Company reached an agreement and the citizens of Sterling met with the public Utilities Commission requesting phone service and the subsequent issuance of the Sterling franchise.
A Stromsburg Carlson dial switch replaced the switchboard operators in 1954 and remained in service until 1986 when it was replaced with a Nortel DMS-10. The town of Ephraim was purchased in April 2001.
Manti Telephone Company presently serves over 3000 customers with high quality voice and broadband services.